Saturday, January 14, 2012

Opportunity in America - 'The Land Of The Free'

Well, my eldest son and I didn't go hunting after all - I couldn't justify the cost of gas to drive to and from the state forest. My wife and I just happened to be pinching pennies at that time, and money was tight. Oh well, we went to the local gun shop/range in December and had some fun with target practice. We rented a Smith & Wesson model 686 in .38 Special. The gun was very comfortable to shoot and handle, and quite accurate. Every now and then we pay a little extra to rent a handgun, and it gives us an opportunity to shoot some different firearm types. We'll try again next fall for another day trip to go deer hunting together.

Just like the title of this blog, I'm grateful and proud to live in America where we have the freedom to own guns, hunt on public land and all the other freedoms we enjoy and take for granted. I lost my job in November, 2010 and returned to college in May, after four months of steady job hunting with no results. I'm attending online college for a two year degree in computer software development and so far I'm earning a 3.5 GPA. My unemployment insurance runs out in February, so I'm now signed-up with a local temporary employment agency. America is still the land of opportunity. God Bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment